Friday, February 16, 2007

Cat Bordhi Mobius Retreat (-:

Mobius stripOne entry found for Möbius strip.
Main Entry: Mö·bi·us strip
Pronunciation: 'm[oe]-bE-&s-, 'm&(r)-, 'mO-Function: nounEtymology: August F. Möbius died 1868 German mathematician: a one-sided surface that is constructed from a rectangle by holding one end fixed, rotating the opposite end through 180 degrees, and joining it to the first end


March 2nd weekend my sister and I are going to the 2007 Retreat in the Mountains at the Will O 'Wisp Resort in Maryland. I get to knit and be with my sister- priceless!The supplies we will need for the the retreat are interesting.. Cat Bordhi will be teaching so we need one of her books on mobius knitting. I had to order Addi turbos that come in extra long cords ( 42" 0r longer) I am hoping the books arrive soon from Amazon ; I need a jump start on trying to figure out her cast -on method. While searching to find out more about this cast-on method I found out that Knitty Gritty will have an episode with her tomorrow at 4:30. I hope they clearly explain how to make the cast -on. I read the directions at the site -but got lost quickly. You put your slip knot in the middle of the cables and and hold the knot with your right hand.You are using the yarn and needle with your left hand and twisting somehow to cast on.T hat is where I got lost. Hopefully ,if I see it it - It can be figured out before I attend.. Having only knitted for one year ,I feel a bit intimidated at these workshops on top of my hearing loss which makes it even harder .

No comments: