Saturday, January 27, 2007

interchangeable needles- Knit Picks or Denise?

Denise needles on my JAN Mid-month KAL - 3 Cable Dishcloth
Fiesta Purse kit using Knit Pick Options

Ouch... those sharp Knit Picks hurt!!!!


What a nice surprise open these last week! Perfect birthday present from my sister.http://www.knitpicks.com/needles/Needles_Options.aspx

Knit Pick Options

Using these on the Fiesta purse that is coming along so -so. The top and the handles should be finished this weekend. Next project is the fingerless mitt gift I need by 2/4/.



Anyways- back to the needles. All the positive reviews made me want to purchase them. Actually, I bought these for my sister last year and she loves them. This is my very first project using them -but I have mixed feelings.



Here is why: Knit Pick Options



1. My fingers are in pain from the very sharp points. My knitting technique with throwing the yarn results in the needle poking my finger..ouch ... I think it is ready to bleed. My thumb hurts too- but not as bad. A band aid last night helped a bit.



2. The sharp points and sleek needles make knitting go faster and easier to pick up stitches..very much like the pair of Addi Turbos I love.



3. Now the key? No directions were in the kit..What do you do with that little thing? My friend said I supposed to tighten them with that.I did it manually instead which resulted in the needles coming lose and catching the yarn .Several times I had to wind them up again. The key will be used next time..


Next :The Denise Pink Set


My son and daughter -in-law gave me Denise Needles for Christmas. LUCKY ME- huh?
http://www.knitdenise.com/

I have this month's 3 Cable Dish Cloth KAL( late because) started on these needles but only 6 rows so ..so far I like them but the thicker cord is not as easy to maneuver as the Knit Picks. I like how they snap in place to make me feel a bit safer about them not coming apart. No hassle about using or losing a key..

The bottom line is I will use both! They will both come in handy for traveling and keeping needles organized . Extra band aids will be stored with the Knit Picks.





No comments: