Thursday, September 18, 2008

Knitter's Day Out/Simon

This weekend is the Knitter's Day Out Weekend. Two of my knitting friends and I are leaving tomorrow to go Friday night this year. Friday night classes have been added this year and I have one called Sock Party. I signed up for that a long time ago during my time of socks but have not completed a single pair this summer . I am interested the baby socks by Wendy Johnson in the recent Creative Knitting Magazine .

Sat I have a lace knitting class and then all afternoon to check the market out. Not sure if that is good or bad with trying to use up stash and cruise coming up soon. We are staying at my sister's and having one big party( think wine) so should be another great knitting adventure.



The Plymouth Baby blanket I made with the Oh My really is ugly now. I washed it tonight as it is machine washable in delicate cycle. A huge run is all the way down the blanket...so frustrating with all the time and money. I am not sure why this happened? It should go in garbage but will go in cat bed to make it softer just because I hate to waste all that money.



The slow Bee Mystery shawl has been pulled out to start again.Damn next time - leave some notes to myself about what the markers mean and where exactly I left off . I spent a few hours on Ravlery and reading past clues to get this straight. I am too tired to even start it but will try when I get back. I have to find the mental stamina to get back in the swing of it.



Sad news- one of the black pug puppies I bred died this week. The poor owner, Nicole is feeling so awful telling me tha the was th ebest dog she ever had and how she misses him so much. His name was Simon and he was was only 7 . Buddy was in ths same litter.She sent me pictures of him and he looks Magoo.

1 comment:

Cactusneedles said...

Sad about the pug. Sorry about the blanket (the cat should be nice and cozy this winter!). Hope you have a great weekend! Sounds fun.