Wednesday, March 26, 2008

lace knit along




My wonderful NJ blog friend told me about this knit-a-long that is starting this summer. It is a mystery shawl knit-a-long for slow bees. This exciting adventure starts this summer and I already ordered turquoise lace yarn from Knit Picks. The directions said to order A Cold color like white or dark blue?




Description

A mystery knitalong for those who can't keep track with the usual size of clues. Starting in summer 2008We will knit a lace shawl, shape was chosen by poll. It would be a Faroese Lace Shawl shaped shawl. You may get some beads for it. ;-))Yarn-requirements, 3 skeins (each 100g) of lace-weight yarn, 950 yards per 100g and about 2950 beads (not required) if you like beads with your shawl.Recommended colour would be something really cold, like white or natural yarn, icy blue or very dark violet or dark blue.

I need to Google Faroese Lace?
Really I was not sure if bright turquoise is considered cold but picked it anyways. I had a gift certificate to use up and this was not a soft or warm looking color. Now to find some beads....
If you are interested in trying this - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/slow-bee-mystery/




1 comment:

old lady said...

Good morning! Lovely color choice - it's so happy! I have no idea what colors are hot or cold so I just go with what I like. have some KP Alpaca Cloud in Stream Heather - think I will use that for this shawl. Thanks for the compliment but you should have seen my first lace project - I had the YO's backward and it was pathetic. It got thrown in the trash. It's all about having fun and being kind to yourself regarding mistakes. We are our own worst enemies!! Hope you enjoy.