Saturday, October 27, 2007

Idenity theft

Help%$#@ it happened again! Perturbed Today when I checked my debit/checking balance at Bank of America it was 289$ overdrawn. I looked closer and found 8 charges posted from yesterday and today that are not mine.This makes me so angry and invaded again..My Capital One was used illegally just last May. That just got all straightened out. But- this is even worse because it has my direct deposits and all my banking in it. Many of my bills are automatically paid using this account. Some of the charges are:
Union Telcard AllNC
IDTUtah
Prepaid Telecom OKL
Yahoo Voice 8666-562-7228 CA
Bharti AirTel ( Usa) LT NY
Are they phone card purchases?
SO... now my checking account is empty and my debit card is cancelled. I need to get to a Bank of America office first thing Monday to make sense of all of this. Bank of America said I can get a temporary card but no cash is coming in until 10/31.
WHY did this happen?
I use this debit card like cash for almost everything from MacDonald's, gas and Internet shopping. Maybe I should use cash more instead of the debit card?

Pulling My Hair Out







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. Last year we had our cards compromised twice in 6 weeks. First it was our debit card. So while that was being cleared up, we used our credit card. Yep, that card got hit too. Since that card had only been used two places, we were able to narrow it down to where it happened. This card was used not only in the USA, but in UK and in Italy. you figure that one out. What a mess to clear up. Our bank was great about it. They said it's happening more and more. Seems that the more we get "modern" the more chances.

old lady said...

That stinks! Guess it's a good thing I'm still old-fashioned/paranoid and just use money, checks or credit card (that was compromised once tho). The price we pay for convenience - a terrible price sometimes. Good luck at the bank!