Sunday, November 18, 2007

oh no! another hobby- inkle loom

Inkle loom workshop 11/19/2007









Inkle Weaving by Daryl Lancaster




A wonderful workshop on inkle looms was presented yesterday by my Spinning Guild. I only signed up because my friend Nora did. Weaving looked way too complicated for me with all those threads going every which way.It is a miracle I even learned how to knit using one strand of yarn. But, after this very clear and easy to follow workshop- my interest is peaked. I even bought the inkle loom. It is an Ashford Inklette.






Here is the loom and her handbook with clear instructions and perfect visuals for a slow learning like myself. I choose 3 colors and had 25 strands going on this pattern.
I was so excited about the process even though it is not done perfectly. I need to beat( push down with the shuttle) Are you impressed? This will make the ends less noticeable and it smoother overall..

I came home full of confidence to start another. Maybe too confident because I messed up after I got this far. Thank goodness this didn't happen in the workshop!Still it would make a good bookmark so that is ok.

Now the uses for these include bookmarks, belts, trim on jackets. .any more ideas?

3 comments:

old lady said...

That looks like fun! How about guitar straps, curtain tie backs, fancy dog collars and leashes!! Enjoy!

Jolynn said...

I have tried weaving before! Its really fun, isn't it? Its pretty easy to get into a rythm, too!

Cactusneedles said...

Have fun! My aunt weaves and she loves it! (She knits too!)