Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Making Thanksgiving Dinner

Cornucopia How did I ever do all this when I worked with the kids home?
I am cooking for10 tomorrow and dinner should be served around 2. Cooking and entertaining stresses me out unless I am( rarely) in the entertaining mood. Unfortunately- I am not in it this week. I am hiding at this computer to avoid going in the kitchen again.
Self talk is not helping.".Relax you have time" and "No one will go in those rooms right?" If the pies don't turn out today- I will have time to buy new ones tonight?None will care if their clothes are full of pug hairs if they sit on he couch- right?
Why is this so stressful?
  1. First of all - I blame it on partially my mother.
We rarely had company to dinner and when she did she turned into someone not nice.

2. I feel like I can't control it - most everything has to be done in the last few hours .Although I already set the tables yesterday and made the pies today and of course all that shopping.You have to be wonder cook to get it synchronized to be served while it is still hot.

3. This kitchen ADD has made me feel like I am running in circles . I start to get one pan and then realize the salt shaker might be empty and then where is the electric carving knife.?

4. Why can't I just relax and enjoy the turkey and friends?Happy Thanksgiving 1

5. As I am writing this I realize that this is the first year my daughter has not been here to help . She kept me on task and it was not work with her around. I miss her so much even though we talk every day.! She will be coming to dinner so she will be a great help in the kitchen and with serving food.





1 comment:

old lady said...

Repeat after me: "I CAN do this!" And if they don't like pug hair then they don't deserve any turkey! Enjoy and have a great time with your family and friends!