Saturday, November 11, 2006


Well, Dad is home and it is going to be difficult. I am trying to get my mother to hire nurses for the home but she is so very stubborn- Irish! I will spending most of my days driving to Middletown. Being retired is convenient.


Must go to a wake today for a teacher I worked with for a long time. John never came to work last week because he had a massive heart attack at age 55. Everyone at school is still in shock. Sadly, this reminds me to concentrate on the important things in my life and let the other stupid stressful stuff go.


Knitting is a very good thing for me.-even when I make mistakes. I am learning..... I had to tear the top of the Maltese hat out due to a major hole which I did not notice till next day. The hat is sorta weird looking.I doubt my son will wear it. I have to finish top with DPN's and think about making a tassel and i-cord thing. I never made tassels before. In fact before I started knitting I really never did any crafty things like sewing , quilting ,cooking or other domestic stuff. I just never had time with running around with my kids(which I loved)) , family and teaching. Reading was my thing which I hardly do now except the book for the monthly book clubs ( only if I like it) That is why I am so surprised I love learning to knit!

No comments: