Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Stiches classes











I took 3 beginner classes offered at Stitches. Learned a lot -but next year no more 8 am classes. I became sleep deprived after the first night. Felting 101 was fantastic with an energetic teacher, Debbie Radtke. We made a little purse and experimented with different colors and foo foo. Then we felted it by hand in a bin of water. Lots of fun. My purse quickly became a wine holder.
Next, I took a 6 hour class called Everything After Knit and Purl.We made felted oven mitts and again the time flew by and I learned a whole bunch while making a cute project. ( making mittens, 3 needle bind -off, Lamb's Pride wool, using 5 needles in the round) Teaching a bunch of beginners must be a nightmare ,but Gwen Bortner is excellent. Her handout was a booklet with all kinds of helpful diagrams and step- by-step directions.
Sunday I was really tired and a bit hung over so left my 8 am Crochet class after the break. I wear hearing aids and have a small FM device that speakers can wear like a necklace so I can understand them. (Australian lady- so her accent made it even more difficult for me to follow what was being said.)She was uncomfortable using the device and took it off and left at other tables . So all I heard was those students talking. So between the hang over and frustration I left. But, that was ok because I went to the MARKET one last time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What make are your hearing aids and how long have you worn them?

Anonymous said...

You were a great student and the oven mitt looks GREAT!!! I am so impressed that listening to me talk to all the other students didn't drive you nuts!!! I hope to see in class again at another event!

Gwen Bortner