Monday, November 03, 2008

Hot pink mitts

not blocked yet..label says hand wash but never blocked rabbit ?
When at St John's on the knitting cruise this hot pink angora from Fleece Aridest caught my eye. I thought they would make adorable lacy mitts for Christmas presents. This yarn has 20% nylon with the angora so my thinking was that it would have some give to it but not really.!I started several mitt patterns but was not happy with the results so went back to my old standby.Because my yarn was a different gauge the pattern was major modified using 40 to cast on and the ribbing was increased. Pray the second one ends up matching this one!I have not used dpn's in awhile and had trouble with all these ladders showing up in the mitt even though stitches were moved around and were tugged at between dpn's. Maybe I tugged too much? These are going to Liz.




Wendy Johnson's fingerless mitts ( free ravelry pattern if you don't have her book)http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/fingerless-mitts-2


Fleece Artist Angora is ......
Oh so soft and warm but not fun to knit or frog . All that fuzzy bunny stuff sticks together

1 comment:

Jolynn said...

Ooh! They look so soft! I have never knit with angora before, either.