Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Goddess Anniversary Shawl done

done blocking.....have to fix very bottom scallop where grafting was done but otherwise mistakes will not show up and it is very pretty. Thinking little baby hands may get caught in this so perhaps it will be a shawl for me..(: yep- those mistakes pop right out but have to focus on whole shawl



I just blocked this early am and deck had lots of shadows .



Stayed up to 1am till this border was done. This shawl's border border took days to complete. Most of my knitting summer was spent on this shawl. This is an amazing feat for me!



.







Yarn used :


2 skeins of Knit Pick Gloss Bare


size 6 needles


Clue 1 B


clue 2 B


Clue 3 B


Clue 4 A

3 comments:

Cactusneedles said...

I think it's beautiful! What a tremendous job you did!!! I can see why it took you all summer! Lovely, lovely, lovely. What mistakes??? :) Great, great work!

Nonna Rose said...

It is a work of art! You did a great job. If you go to my blog you'll see I did not finish clue 4 and I couldn't figure out the border. I wish there would have been some visual to help me understand how to do the border. Your shawl, whether for you or your grandbaby, is gorgeous. Be proud.

old lady said...

It looks fantastic! Great job! It looks like it's a generous size. Please post a picture of you modeling it!!

I'm almost half-way done with the edging. I get around 10 peaks a night done (when I do it). Sure hope mine blocks out large - I'm getting a little concerned it might not be big enough. I'd better "block aggressively!"