Friday, May 16, 2008

Spinning Weekend

whew....I am packed and ready to go for my spinning guild weekend . Between knitting, spinning wheel and supplies, wine and a few clothes not much room left in car .The theme for the weekend is learning how to spin sock yarn but mine will be secretly turned into shawl yarn. I have bins of lovely sock yarn that are waiting for my number two needles but my stash of shawl yarn is limited but quickly getting sufficient. Added to this my spinning skills are really lacking so this yarn will not be consistent enough for socks.

I am moving along at a tortoise pace on the Slow Bee shawl with only half of clue 1 done. Clue 2 is out today but will be waiting and then all the comments and explanations will be there to read. Not much will be accomplished this weekend as total concentration is needed for this with no wine and chatting at same time. My camera is packed so no pictures of it but it is so impressive . Doing this KAL makes me realize I have moved up in my knitting level. I am officially no longer an advanced beginner! maybe now classified as an daring intermediate with much more to learn..

My new Dell Inspiron came last night. Most the night was spent setting it up along with a wireless router. DH was impressed that I figured this all out as he does not have the patience but the LinkSYS router has step by step directions that were very helpful. The test will be if it works this weekend at this resort that offers free wireless.

1 comment:

Cactusneedles said...

Have a great weekend and, yes, I'd say you have moved beyond advanced beginner! Keep knitting! Take care:)