Wednesday, May 07, 2008

lace is like chocolate


These arrived yesterday from Knit Picks. Reading these is like being in a candy store and wanting to taste them all. Problem is is if you eat too much -you get sick. Knitting lace too much results in hand and wrist pains . Now I must go on a lace diet for a few days to ease this pain.



My second swatch with size 3 needles of the Slow Bee Mystery was painfully completed last night.




My feline helper and I decided the original one in size 4 looks much better


size 4 is on the left..The pattern looks much clearer to me .


( Honestly- it might be because last night my hands hurt so much and it may be knit looser so my hand would not hurt as much ) Either way- I think the size 4 will be easier on my hands .



The birds continue to come to our feeders . Yesterday first hummingbird of the season was at the feeder. I love looking out over my sink and seeing colorful these birds. So does Stinky!


yellow finch
woodpecker






2 comments:

old lady said...

Love your goodies! I have the books but not the DVD - you will have to tell me if I should get it! (Duh- that was stupid wasn't it - OF COURSE I should!!)

Rest your hands - I can only knit a few rows at a time when working with smaller needles. Guess I grip them too tight.

Watching the birds is so relaxing. Enjoy!

Cactusneedles said...

I'm enjoying knitting some lace this summer. Didn't think I would, but if it's simple, then I can manage. I like the one on the left too. You're right, you can see the pattern better. Take care:)