Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Lace addict/ Spanx

Thanks to my blog pal, Sue from NJ, http://craftitagain.blogspot.com/ ( who just happens to have a Mini and a spoiled canine like me) I have become addicted to lace. Yes -Even after I had to painfully frog 2 nights worth yesterday because for some stupid reason I took the first life line out thinking everything was ok. On further examining it in the sunlight yesterday it was obvious an even row was skipped so it was half and half front and back . No housework was done yesterday as that Forest Canopy Shawl kept calling me . At midnight I was still counting and celebrating every time a finished row was correct. My problem solving and counting skills are slowly improving . Knitting lace is much like doing a Sudoku puzzle that gives my aging brain daily exercise.



This is very hard to believe considering my frustration and observation levels are not strong.. It is a miracle I can even knit as my coordination and patience are lacking. I was never a crafty person. When I first started knitting 2 years ago it took me months to actually see the difference between a knit and purl . DH can't believe how far along my knitting progress and how dedicated ( obsessed) I have become.

Shhh Today he is fishing so as soon as he leaves I plan to plop in the sun and get back to the lace shawl.( no cleaning or yard work done for another day)



Dress for my daughter's wedding
( This is Not me!- found at Dillard's web site)

Good news ..I lost one more pound at Weight Watcher this week ! Only 5 more to go and I will be back to my goal. Lace may be postponed temporally to take a walk today. A dress was picked out for my daughter's wedding .(Damn -it costs 40$ less at Dillard's than what I paid locally) It is tight around the middle but the next size was too big. 5 pounds should make it fit .If not -I wear this which I bought on EBay . The owner of the bridal shop was raving about them and how comfortable they are but make you look 5 pounds thinner. Oprah endorse them here. Have till August 16 to get rid of the middle. Unfortunately - knitting only exercises the brain not the gut!

1 comment:

old lady said...

Welcome to the lace obsessed! You are now officially a LACE JUNKIE! But on the positive side - it keeps you out of trouble! And increases your vocabulary!!! When I used lifelines in M3 I didn't take them out until a few clues *beyond* when I put them in. No harm leaving them in. I'm still plugging away on Mystery#7 - on the last clue. Just take your time and enjoy the process!

The dress is pretty! Congrats on the weight loss! Reward yourself with more lace yarn!