Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Tuesday -My first skein and "Stinky"

My daughter was home this weekend and started calling the kitten "Stinky" .
Somehow it stuck. Stinky meets the pug, Peek-A-Boo ( Peeky)


Molly was helping me spin this wool.



This is my first skein where I plied and used a Niddy Noddy and washed it. It is a bit rough .Seems more like wool for a purse - something not next to the skin .
It came from Ebay:
Medium grey Jacob sheep roving with accents of medium brown subtle in the grey. This is easy to spin and makes a nice worsted weight yarn. This roving was made from my own sheep (Thank you, Cherie and Chartre) and was processed in a small mill where the owner is particular about not using harsh chemicals as cleaners. There is some vegetable matter. This auction includes a one pound bag of this beautiful fiber. Let me know if you need more.
Thank you for looking and have a nice day!


No comments: