Sunday, March 18, 2007

Puerto Rico/ blue Seduction Sock

My daughter and I are going to Puerto Ricohttp://welcome.topuertorico.org/index.shtml in 3 weeks! After all the snow this week I so happy to be going to a warm place. This will be a special trip for me. I was an exchange student in college and went to the University of Puerto Rico. What a rewarding and real life educational experience!. I loved the people who treated me so nicely and the beaches! so I will show my daughter the places I used to go to and try to find the building where I lived over 30 years ago. Plus my daughter and I will share quality time together which is so precious to me. I know she will be married soon and eventually will have her own a family so that will make it harder to do these kinds of things together.

After losing a few pounds at WW my summer clothes won't be so tight and maybe even fit. I will start to pack next week and have to think if what knitting projects I will take. Most likely some socks. Maybe I will have figured out the circulars method in Cat Borhdi's book by then. Meanwhile my Blue Seduction Sock ( pattern from Interweave Spring 20007 )has the heel and should be done in a few days. This first one took a while is a bit complicated for me. Yikes- I see it is not even machine washable after all this work .

SocksAnn Budd, Contributing EditorYarn Blue Moon Fiber Arts Seduction (50% merino, 50% tencel; 400 yd [365 m]/4 oz): blue moonstone, 1 skein.


"

No comments: