Friday, March 23, 2007

animals friends

This was on our deck this past fall
Today this little guy was under the bird feeders..

another strange bird strutting on our deck this fall..


Besides the 4 pugs we have other assorted animals. Frequently, eagles fly right past my kitchen window . I am too busy admiring them and not fast enough to get a photo.



I smell the skunks. Woodchucks, moles and chipmunks leave their damage and are seen. MY husband has battled the moles and woodchucks with all sorts of traps, smoke bombs ,etc. Their holes and damage is still happening. All kinds of other birds like cardinals, finches and wood peckers and a few wild turkeys. Deer, birds and squirrels are the most populars animals visiting us lately as my husband has been feeding the birds and the rest have been attracted. I have seen bear close by but only some skat on our property closer by the river. My husband saw a fox and her kits last spring too. Oh yeah a few scary snakes in my garden scared me a few times last year too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
That's a road runner on your deck. They are fun to watch.

Cactusneedles said...

I just had a chance to read you're site again and I just want to say that I like the new look. Very, very nice.

Anonymous said...

Um, I think that's a pheasant on your deck, rather than a roadrunner. Pheasants are beautiful, the males especially, and they can have very loud calls.

Love all the pics of your pugs.

Nice blog!

Kathleen Colligan said...

Yeah I think it is a pheasant too. I don't think We have Road Runners in Pa.