Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Knitting Around - love this book




Finding all news things about Elizabeth Zimmermann.Her life told in her Digressions is humorous and so interesting including Arnold's escape from Germany.
WOW Elizabeth Zimmermann at one time lived in Orange County, NY in Gardnerville. She mentions in this book living by Middletown and Slate Hill the towns where I lived for 30 + plus years before I moved to PA.My kids went to schools in Slate Hill located a few miles down the road from Gardnerville . Then just like her I moved to PA living directly on the Delaware. ( although she lived further south ) Ez would be amazed at all the new construction and changes that have happened in the Gardnerville area. I wonder if she faced any of the monumental flooding of the Delaware that I have witnessed this past few years after moving here.

No comments: