Sunday, May 04, 2008

more lace



First swatch for Slow Bee Mystery is completed. I used size 4 Addis.



While blocking it looked a bit long compared to what is suggested by Moni. After it dried it was closer to the correct swatch size. I plan on doing another swatch in size 3 to see how the lace looks and size . That has to be done before next Sunday. I have silvery beads on one end that don't show up in the pictures but look better in real life. The dark multi ones showed up in the picture on the right side but can hardly be seen on swatch. Who would ever believe that one could get so excited over a lace KAL?





Last summer it was socks, winter was mobius and now it is lace. I decided against the River Stole after I started a few rows with the lace merino. It was too open and lacy. That patterns needs a fuzzier yarn. After looking thru websites and my books at home I have decided to try another Forest Canopy. If that does not turn out- my next option is trying one from Victorian Lace book.





Look what returned to my bird feeder. Sorry about the glare.

Rose- Breasted Grosbeak

2 comments:

old lady said...

Your yarn color is lovely! I like the sparkle of the clear beads - they will catch the light!

We love watching who comes to our feeders. Aren't they lovely?

Cactusneedles said...

I like that color! The lace is pretty, too!! :) Cool bird. I've been getting cardinals in my back yard and the quail and all their babies in the front -- difficult to grab a picture of either! Take care! :)