Friday, October 05, 2007

Leaving for Harrisburg

We are driving to Harrisburg today. Rather the Boy is driving and I will be knitting for the 3.5 hour trip. I am attending this convention http://www.deafworld.com/events/?id=76 . The Boy will be golfing while I go to meetings and whatever to keep up-to-date on hearing loss news. Usually at these things all the new technology is displayed and can try them out. This is how I learned about my closed- captioned phone .
I am searching for a better cell phone and maybe I will get to try some out or find out what is new. Right now I use a Nextell phone and usually put it on speaker. It is so loud though that the sounds becomes distorted and often I can't figure out what people are saying- but what else is new? This phone is a few years old and does not do text messages -which should be helpful. But ,before I make a change and buy those new phones I want to have my research done. You never get to try the phones out at the cell phone stores unless the sales person has the phone for his or her personal use . Plus- I definitely need to get rid of Nextel. Every time I go on a trip all the people get service -except me. Honestly-At my house - no cell phone gets reception which is a real pain. The people in charge around here don't want to have cell phone towers destroying the beauty of the river but I say get one of those that are disguised as a tree and go for it!

1 comment:

Cactusneedles said...

Have a great weekend. My cell phone,too, doesn't work in my own house -- very annoying! :)