Wednesday, August 15, 2007

guests from Ireland

Nora, my knitting friend, needs a place for her Irish cousin and husband to stay tonight. So I am going to enjoy their company here. This means I need to finish cleaning and get their bedroom not smelling like pugs or cats. Having company is a good incentive to clean. My mother was a crazy women every time we had company.I used to be like that but now with the kids gone it is much easier to keep it clean. Honestly - having a cleaning lady is the real reason. It forces me to pick up every 2 weeks right before she comes. This a luxury I was going to get rid of after I retired.............

Hope they don't mind animals climbing all over the place! Stinky is taking over the house but I just love him to death. But, the pugs just put up with him and all of his energy



Knitting/Spinning news

I really enjoyed the easy read of the first Blossom Street Book . Reminds me of the Friday Night Knitting Circle- same setting and similar plots. Anyways - this would be a great beach read- easy and relaxing to read. I The Baby pattern described and given in the book needs to be copied before I pass it on to my sister.
%&$#@ Yesterday I lost one of my Knitpick needles! I have looked all over except in my car. It fell off but probably because I did not use the little pin tool to tighten this time. I was testing gauge and forgot after that when I decided to use size 13 on the Celtic Vest.I really hate to use anything else now besides the Options or Addis. Only other 13 I have is bamboo or Denise . Not sure what to do yet.maybe Stinky could be be hiding it somewhere

I spun another skein of yarn to dye at the guild meeting this weekend . This one turned out worse than the other after I plied. It is either under or over plied. I am sure they will tell me at the meeting. Sort of embarrassing but I am learning ....either way... I will love the novelty yarn once it is dyed.

No comments: