Monday, June 04, 2007

Monday 6/4

It is June already! When you are having fun the time flies by! It was a busy weekend with my son and his wife visiting to celebrate the Boy's big birthday.

Then I went to another birthday party. My 54 year old friend has one year old twin girls. It was a great party with the babies being so beautiful and happy .These twins are so loved in a beautiful house with two devoted (but old - he is in his 60's)parents. But, it was a different as most of the guests were grandparents themselves- not any 20,30 or even 40 year olds....

I got half of my money back from my cancelled Trip to Africa. Still not sure about the balance. Meanwhile I treated myself to this in order to balance out my disappointment.. http://www.thewooleewinder.com/Lendrumpic.html
The lendrum spinning wheel is perfect for me but I am having trouble with the bobbin and the the slider that you have to move. The bobbin is loading up more on on the front side and when I try to slide it to the middle it makes this noise where the clip hits the wood underneath it?I wish a manual came with it to help me figure out these things. I am learning by trial and error. The yarn is getting more consistent and now to knit something special from my first hand spun. Any ideas? I was thinking scarf or hat as the quantities are limited so far.

Here is my Queen of Diamond sock that turned out with the huge heel. Not sure if I will make the other one although they might be perfect for my mother whose ankles get really swollen. These socks won't be made again.The classic sock is just as nice with less stress.

No comments: