Thursday, March 08, 2007

compulsive knitting

http://www.catbordhi.com/


This seems to be a pattern for me. I learn a new knitting skill or pattern and then have to do 10 of them .Remember all the fingerless mitts I did in the fall, then dish cloths and the scarves before that..? As you can see, I have moved on to the mobius ....How many mobius gifts can I give or wear ?


Making mindless mobius scarves are attractive to me because of very little finishing off involved. The main problem I have encountered is getting the correct length. It has to be short or long enough to be doubled - no in between. The gauge thing is still a mystery to me that I have not forced myself to conquer.





My next project is to try making socks on double needles using Cat Bordhi's book


Soaring Socks on Circular Needles. I have ordered the Addi number #2 needles needed from Yarn Market but they are back ordered.

Weight Watchers( But I think I lost more) was missed this week due to visiting my poor father who has been moved into a nursing home again. He needs to use a wheel chair and just sleeps when I visit him. His color is so pale and he hardly talks anymore except to say how awful he feels.That he does not even smile at me or eat the candy I bring breaks my heart. It is so depressing to see him and all the other patients like this and deep inside you realize this could happen to you someday. You fear for your own children that they too will have to see you like this. My mother has told my other siblings that they should come home to visit now because he is doing so poorly.

No comments: