Sunday, February 18, 2007

My elderly Dad


This is a picture of my dad at my son's wedding this summer.. Yesterday he fell in his bathroom and got hurt badly. I spent the whole day and night in the very wild and busy ER. He has an black eye and broken nose and bruises all over.The worst part is he has a high fever and is not lucid. He won't stay still and wants to get up. I had to hold him down most of the day.Finally, at 10pm they hired a sitter to stay with him.He kept pulling his Iv tubes and wires out . It is so heart breaking to see him that way yelling and out of control.By morning they moved him into the hospital room. SO far things have not changed .Now dealing with my mother is another challenge..
I did take time to bring my knitting when I got the call. My wrist is not quite as bad so a bit of a sock got done. Knitting is therapy!

No comments: