Thursday, February 22, 2007

Mobius magic...

Mobius practice scarf done !
This is doubled around the pug's neck !

I figured out the mobius cast on. Lion Brand Homespun was used for practice but for the finished one it needs a yarn that drapes more unless you just want something for warmth. I finished it at the hospital and it turned out much longer than it was on those needles. I have to double it around my neck . It curls up so it is thinner than expected. Although I just knit; half of it turns out purled.MAGIC ! Maybe I should try steaming it to get it thicker and to stop the curling?


Dad is not doing so hot. The fever is still there and he is coughing now. I am not going in today due to predicted snow but my sister and mother are with him. Plus, they still have the 24 hour sitter with him which is amazing. Hospitals are frustrating places. Talking to a doctor is almost impossible and the nurses only know so much. I waited all day yesterday till finally at 6pm we caught up with a doctor. He has a strong accent so it was very difficult trying to communicate with my hearing loss -but they basically do not know what is causing it.

Yesterday I finished my Dish cloth Kal. It was a lace pattern and I had to rip a few times. It is good to practice on small projects like this .That is why I am enjoying this KAl so much.

No comments: