Tuesday, October 07, 2008

another knitting cruise

BSJ half way done

Stinky has found a new spot to sleep. If my laptop is not closed -I find him passed out on it.
Maybe the keyboard is warmest place in the 60 degree house these days. Maybe he just wants me to stop knitting this shawl and give him attention? The computer to read and enlarge the charts for Slow Bee Mystery shawl.

Still getting ready to leave Sunday for the New England /Canada knitting cruise. After this post my next task is to get the knitting bag packed and along with all ( some) of those clothes piled on my suitcase. I have been knitting like mad woman on slow bee mystery shawl to have it for the cruise but don't think it will be done . I have 2 more rows of chart 4 and then 8 rows for border and then casting off. Each row takes me up to an hour along with doing purl so that is another 10-12 hours of knitting where I have total concentration and no distractions.
When I can't concentrate I turn to the baby blanket which I had major frogging to do yesterday - not so mindless at all if not paying attention.
My 2nd Baby Surprise jacket was started : If you decide to make it ; the Ravelry forum / group dedicated to this helps mucho!! Without the DVD or this group it would be very difficult to decipher EZ pattern.

Mexican Hat Sweater
Pattern
Baby Surprise Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmermann

Size
6 - 12 mos.


Needle
US 6 / 4.0 mm
Yarn
Schoeller + Stahl Limbo Mexiko Color

3 skeins = 405.0 yards (370.3m)
Colorway
2529

About this pattern
Baby Surprise Jacket
by Elizabeth Zimmermann
from The Opinionated Knitter

My next post will include knitting cruise fun . The yarn shops at Boston and Halifax are on my to-do list.What could be more fun than traveling with your knitting friends and sharing adventures with another 75 fiber addicts . Oh and being able to travel when they have the cheapest rates. ..My life is wonderful with knitting, good friends ,being retired and most important a supportive, loving family.

2 comments:

Jolynn said...

Have fun on your knitting cruise! I want to go on one!

Cactusneedles said...

Hope you have a great time! And buy some great yarn!! :)