Monday, April 14, 2008

Forest Canopy Shawl/ more animal shots

Imagine if digital cameras were around when my kids were babies in the 80's. I would have so many more photos of them. Back then you had to go back and forth to the photo developing places and crossing your fingers to see if they turned out. Instead now I take a million pictures of my animal babies.



Molly doing her yoga poise-

Stinky doing a little lounging



basking in sun on Sunday

To get ready for the Slow Bee Mystery KAl this was started this weekend.


Forest Canopy Shawl pattern was purchased here http://knittingasfastasican.com/forest-canopy-shoulder-shawl/
The directions are very clear and this is perfect for beginning lace.
This is the yarn being used for the Canopy Shawl. Not exactly the best choice of using the boucle as the nubs of it make it easy to miss or pick up an extra stitch. I have been saving this yarn in my stash since I started knitting 2 years ago for some thing special.





Here is my progress so far. .

It is very very slow as I need to count after each row to make sure that a stitch is not missed or added. Lifelines are being used but painfully so. Reading the knitting has not clicked yet. Last night while reading a helpful Ravelry forum one post said said t the center decreases should line up . So far the center stitch that is knit btl along with having a marker is really the only thing that stands out .






4 comments:

old lady said...

Looking GOOD! Congrats on your wonderful start. Just take your time and do whatever works for you! And remember to do the yoga to relax just like the wise pug!

Cactusneedles said...

Looks good to me! I like the yoga pug! Take care:)

~Lynn~ said...

Beautiful pattern and yarn. Love the pug and cat photos. Just found your blog, enjoyed reading it and will be back.! KNIT ON!

~Lynn~ said...

You're very welcome. I love reading all the knitting blogs. I have bookmarked yours and will be back! And yes, knitting is addicting. I am such a yarnaholic I can't move in my house any more. DH says it's time to knit it up and to stop petting it all the time! lol

KNIT ON!