Thursday, September 27, 2007

Fall Colors /King Tut/ Baby Shadow

What amazing architecture was by our downtown hotel! This week we took a fun overnight trip to Philadelphia. The Tut exhibition at the Franklin Institute will be ending next week and i did not want to miss it.. My teaching career started with teaching 6th grade social studies and ended with it so Ancient Egypt was taught each year. The students and I were always especially fascinated with Tut. The exhibit was interesting but only included small items from Tut's tomb like his knife and some bottles and a chair . Most artifacts were from another tomb of the Pharaoh they hint that could be Tut's grandfather. I was sightly disappointed not seeing bigger items .


We took a side trip to the Market with all kinds of food and produce !




The steps had Tut's mask..cool huh?



Still working on the Baby Shadow Sweater. It goes very slowly using sock yarn.
I am multi-tasking watching Net Flix and knitting at same time. I am up to Season 5 of the Sopranos




Driving in the car I took this photo of the magnificent fall colors.
It was a little tricky driving on the highway 75 miles an hour and clicking the camera at the same time.





Can't see the glorious colors( maybe because of my dirty windows )...but it does show my Mini Minis





Stinky keeps stealing my computer chair but he leaves enough room for me.











3 comments:

old lady said...

I read your blog and love your pugs!!! AND now I realize you have a Mini - I have one too!!!! Small world!

Kathleen Colligan said...

DO you have more pictures of your dog? I think that breed is adorable and would get along perfectly with a pug! Pugs love cars too.I only found a side shot of him with a shawl.

Cactusneedles said...

Sounds like you had a great trip! I love the picture of the fall trees...I do miss that. Take care! :)