Tuesday, November 14, 2006

hearing loss/ BAHA aids




I LOVE My Pugs.
Peek- A- Boo and her mom, Molly are always finding places to cuddle together.


Got my Mini 's 30,000 mile service today in NJ ..O.M.G 350$ for what? But at least they are very pleasant there and I could knit while I waited in their cool waiting room..




"Have you asked your ear consultant if you would be a suitable Bone Anchored Hearing Aid (BAHA) candidate? You're more than welcome to e-mail me about this either via the Baby Surprise Jacket group or via my BellaOnline site, I wear two BAHA's and find them absolutely marvellous. Of course there is the occasional problem but life is far better with two BAHA's than no hearing aid at all! "




Thank you for your suggestion. I visited a top -notch hearing center at NYU in New York City about 5 years ago. He mentioned that there were implantable hearing aids that were being tested in Europe. So I predict you are from there!.The problem is that when I researched them on-line they seemed to be used mainly for conductive hearing loss, which I do not have. http://www.cochlearamericas.com/Products/878.asp I have s- nerve loss. I will continue to look at this option as the technology improves.

No comments: